Safety & Emergency Planning/Response Specialist
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a publicly traded master limited partnership formed in 2002 to acquire, own and operate a diverse mix of crude oil and refined products pipelines, and terminal and storage facilities, as well as crude oil acquisition and marketing assets. Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unit holders. SXL is currently in the process of staffing the Dakota Access, LLC. Pipeline (DAPL), which will ship crude oil from various origination facilities in North Dakota to Patoka, Illinois. This position is located in the main North Dakota office, in Watford City, North Dakota. Origination facilities include Stanley, Ramberg, Epping, Trenton, Watford City, and Johnson’s Corner, North Dakota. The Safety & Emergency Planning/Response Specialist (SEP&R) uses discretion and judgment to develop, prioritize and implement procedures, training and inspection activities to ensure the overall safety of employees and contractors. In conjunction with company guidelines, the SEM&R Specialist performs assignments, establishes his/her priorities, and has the authority to adjust those priorities in operational safety and emergency planning & response issues. This position helps to develop and implements emergency response training plans & programs and ensures that field personnel receive necessary training and promotes the company’s safety compliance initiatives. This position conducts safety audits and inspections and evaluates whether worksite and personnel are in compliance with applicable regulatory and industry standards.
This position recommends a course of action in response to a safety issue and has the authority to unilaterally shut down a worksite in event of safety concerns. Responsible for overseeing, implementing and monitoring the Company’s preparedness for responding to a safety or release related emergency, including , assessing and planning for emergency personnel and contractor needs and serving as the initial primary contact with government agencies, the public and local emergency departments.
* Bachelor’s degree in a safety or emergency planning/response related discipline or related work experience
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in emergency response or safety
* Strong knowledge of pipeline and terminal operations. BS Degree in a Safety, and/or Emergency Response field is preferred.
* Ability to independently establish work priorities that are in line with overall department goals.
* Must possess strong decision-making ability.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external customers, especially on issues that will have significant financial impact to all of the involved parties and companies.
* Provide back-up response to emergencies and spills company-wide, as requested by management.
* Must be able to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions, lift 50 lbs, and perform heavy physical labor in a safe manner.
* This position is \”On Call\” 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
* Represent Sunoco Logistics in various industry groups.
* This position requires up to 50% travel Equal Opportunity
north dakota oil jobs, bakken, bakken jobs, bakken oil jobs