Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location Requisition
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN OPPORTUNITIES FOR CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT?
Due to the opportunities presented by increasing crude production in the Bakken field, our North Dakota operations are growing rapidly. Leveraging our excellence in refining and logistics, we will become the premier logistics provider in the region, as well as the best-in-class environmental, health and safety performer!
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is an independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products. We are one of the largest independent petroleum refiners and marketers in the country. Tesoro Logistics LP is a growth-oriented partnership formed to own, operate, develop and acquire crude oil and refined products logistics assets. Our logistics assets are integral to the success of Tesoro Corporation’s operations and are used to gather, transport, and store crude oil; as well as to distribute, transport, and store refined products. Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. Position Summary: This Field Specialist position performs routine and daily maintenance tasks on the pipeline system’s field pumps including packing adjustment, checking oil levels, resolving priming issues, inspecting and replacing gaskets and mechanical seals, low voltage fuses, belts, etc. This position works closely with other Field Specialists, Technicians, Pipeline Maintenance, and Transport Drivers.
* Take oil samples and perform routine grind outs to measure sediment and water content and determine quality.
* Perform tank gauging to measure tank contents and account for product stored and product moved into and out of tanks.
* Prepare custody transfer tickets, manage tickets and perform month-end closing in Tesoro’s MAPS measurement system database.
* Hand gauging field tanks accurately and purchasing lease crude with Tesoro field custody transfer tickets.
* Communicate with field pumpers assigned to third party production companies.
* Perform routine field LACT (Lease Automatic Custody Transfer) equipment checks.
* Perform meter proving to verify accuracy within acceptable API tolerances.
* Responsible for daily one-calls, pipeline crossings and right of way work.
* Perform routine daily maintenance tasks, such as running pipeline scrapers.
EDUCATION and Experience:
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
* Technical degree in power plant maintenance or mechanics from completion of a 2 year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college OR a minimum of 2 years of professional experience related to pipeline maintenance, oil field and gas operations.
* Must have, or be able to acquire, Operator Qualification (OQ) Certification for valve and pump station maintenance and repair per DOT requirements for pipeline operators.
* Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
* Must have or become trained in OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
* Previous petroleum industry or oil field experience is strongly desired.
* Understanding of crude oil measurement, custody transfer, tank gauging and meter proving.
* Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance on pipeline valves and pump station equipment.
north dakota oil jobs, bakken, bakken jobs, bakken oil jobs