Driver – Crude Oil
Overview Major Purpose:
Our drivers will complete hauls as assigned in a safe and efficient manner to meet and exceed customer expectations. The Driver may occasionally be assigned other duties to assist the business unit in meeting customers and/or company standards.
Partner with dispatch in safely transporting material to and from transloading facilities in North Dakota
* Utilize the Class A CDL, HAZMAT , Tanker, and Double Endorsements to locally transport crude oil as dispatched
* Fuels and cleans truck, performs pre and post-trip inspections, completes paperwork, and reviews communication board.
* Ensures that the truck meets or exceeds safe operational standards
* Report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew
* Understand and follow through with critical service requirements
* Will maneuver and connect heavy hoses
* Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings while ensuring safe behaviors of self and others
* Interact with other Savage employees, customer management and personnel on a daily basis. Hence, should have an understanding of customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
* Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
* May be asked occasionally to assist another operations on a temporary basis
* May have the opportunity to participate in the Safety Specialist program; this would possibly require travel to other locations.
* Drivers are responsible for the condition of the truck, trailers, tools and/or other equipment assigned to them. They are responsible for returning the equipment in the same condition it was when assigned to them and for reporting equipment damage or deficiencies immediately.
* Class A CDL with HAZMAT, Tanker and Doubles endorsements required
* Two Years Commercial Driving
* Six months experience driving double tractor/trailer combination preferred
* Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
* Demonstration of driving skills including lane changing, backing up, hooking up trailers, attention to all potential hazards.
* Work rotating shifts and weekends as scheduled; willingness to work days or nights. You will eventually be able to work your preferred shift, but it may take some time.
* Maintain a good attendance record
* A solid and stable work history, please include a 10 year work history on the application.
* Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
* Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: freeway conditions, mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc.
* Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage’s culture of safety
* Can successfully pass Savage’s road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
* Must attend all mandatory training and keep all training documentation up to date.
* Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
* Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace.
north dakota oil jobs, bakken, bakken jobs, bakken oil jobs